AFTER THIS EMAIL, RHINO'S BLOG WILL NO LONGER BE SENT TO THIS NEWSGROUP!!
TO CONTINUE TO RECEIVE RHINO'S BLOG MAILINGS,
YOU MUST SEND AN EMAIL REQUEST TO BE ADDED TO THE RHINO'S BLOG MAILING LIST
SEND YOUR REQUEST TO: email@example.com
ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN READ RHINO'S BLOG AT: http://www.rhinosblog.info
RHINO'S BLOG, July 20, 2005
"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- - The last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
THE HISTORY: July 20th
1923 -- Inspired hero of the Mexican Revolution (or "social bandit" depending on your point of view) Pancho Villa dies, ambushed in Parral, Mexico. Villa had teamed up with the anarchist Emiliano Zapata to overthrow the corrupt conservative government (redundancies abound, so sorry!), then retired.
1952 -- Mrs. Rhino exists her mother's womb.
1989 -- Burma Military orders house arrest for Aung San Suu Kyi (1992 Nobel Prize Winner).
The Rhino hereby wishes to tip his horn to the folks at the Daily Bleed who have been a major source of information for the The Rhino's Blog History notes. Thanks guys!
The Rhino will be traveling and not likely able to post to the blog for several weeks.
The Rhino reccommends the following news & commentary sources to keep up:
- "The Daily Show with John Stewart" 5 days a week on Comedy Central
- "Democracy Now" 5 days a week on LinkTV and Free Speech TV
- "Air America Radio" 24/7 on 67 stations around the country
- "Pacifica Radio" 24/7 on the 5 Pacifica sister stations plus many community stations
"Citizens For Legitimate Government"
The Rhino's Blog Searchable Archives