The SF Decompression
HEAT THE STREET FaIRE!
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Noon SHARP till 12 am
Public Entrance: 19th & Minnesota
On Indiana Street between Mariposa and 22nd, SF
$10 donation in Black Rock Couture/Costume; $20 in streetwear
All ages outdoors; kids under 12 absolutely free!
Outdoor sound ends at Mariposa Stage at 11pm; 10pm other outside areas
Age 21+ inside Cocomo (club closes 1:30am)
First we Burn The Man, then we Heat The Street! Come at noon SHARP for a full twelve hours of art, performance, fire, steam, dance, theme camps, green technologies, puppetry, circus, marching bands, DJs, Burning Man 2007 imagery, and more, more, more – don’t miss a minute! This Decom will span 6 blocks and include a beautiful art park. Bring a picnic and plan for a full day and night!
Check back for stage schedules. We’ll post ‘em here when ready!!!
We’re working fast and furious to organize this year's spectacular 8th Annual SF Heat the Street FaIRE!, and we want it to be the most amazing one yet--so we need YOUR pARTicipation!
Here's what to DO: Follow the DECOMandments below to radically enjoy and protect our event!
* Arrive Early! Come at NOON, pack a picnic and enjoy a full day of amazing art, people and programming! Don't come late or you WILL miss amazing experiences and spectacles scheduled only EARLY in the day. Enter at 19th & Minnesota; the other entries are for registered artists/performers.
* Green Your Commute! Don’t waste gas seeking a parking spot; parade to the event with thousands of others on public transportation or bike! There will be bike racks at 19th & Minnesota. Or carpool and park at the UCSF lot at 16th & 3rd (3 blocks away with special discounted parking rate), at the ballpark, or on Illinois Street. Please do not park or drive on Minnesota Street or Indiana Street. There will be a taxi stand between 18th and 19th on Minnesota for your convenience.
* Express yourself! Wear your finest playa pageantry or trashion, using imaginatively recycled and reusable materials! Even better, illuminate them with solar lighting for night! And bring warm layers.
* pARTicipate! To reserve a space for your art, theme camp, mutant vehicle, or performance, please email flambe(at)burningman(dot)com TODAY (by September 23rd latest PLEASE!) so we can accommodate and celebrate YOUR special contribution to this amazing community. We need fire art and fire performance in by September 10th. All sound systems, fire art, theme camps and vehicles must be registered. Renegade sound or unapproved fire would jeopardize this event.
* Volunteer! To be part of the process and team that makes Decompression so special, email firekitty(at)burningman(dot)com. For a list of volunteer positions available, see here.
* Share Your Favorite Playa Photos/Videos! We need the content upfront this year, so please email flambe(at)burningman(dot)com and we'll help you get it up on the big Decom screen!
* HELP US... Express Responsibly! Protect the event and our beautiful new park. We need YOUR help in these ways so we can keep having Decom on public streets:
- Respect the Dogpatch neighborhood, our home for 8 years - enter and leave surrounding blocks quietly;
- Don't park in driveways or on Minnesota Street;
- Refrain from drumming and loud noise after 10 PM;
- No stakes, unleashed dogs, or vehicles or bikes of any kind in the park;
- No drumming, loud or amplified sound after 10PM ANYWHERE. The only exception will be the Mariposa Stage performance until 11PM. If anyone is drumming or making amplified noise on the street after 10pm, please stop it!
- Do stay 10PM-midnight, quietly talk and enjoy the art, theme camps, and community;
- No unapproved sound systems or fire art of any kind. Even chaos has a master plan!
* And of course…Leave No Trace! Pick up trash you see and recycle! Breakdown is 10PM-midnight for the park and 12-2AM everywhere else. By 2AM, EVERYTHING must be gone and small debris swept into the street for the street sweepers. If you are a registered art car or theme camp, please take extra care to not drive over ANY electric cables or distro boxes during setup/breakdown. Take special care during exodus.
* Come back Monday: Please come back Monday, October 8th 11am-4pm for our annual neighborhood and park clean-up! We want to leave things in even BETTER shape than we found them. So, we’ll start on Minnesota and 19th, move to the park, Indiana, then surrounding streets. Many hands make light work and every year we leave the neighborhood cleaner than we found it. Bring gloves, brooms, shovels and plastic bags if you got 'em. We’ll bring donuts and love you even more! HOORAY!!!
We are on our way to making this our best Decompression ever and a showcase for our art and community in San Francisco. So, help us bring our magical green Black ROCK City home to heat the streets of Black TOP City - and cool the world in the process!!